I don't really have a reason to feel this way, but lately I've been feeling pretty lonely. Actually, for the last year or so I have been feeling that way. Ever since I left Lincoln. I made some amazing friends there that lived close to me. Then I moved to Florida and had to make new friends, but I distanced myself because I knew I'd be leaving. I have friends here, but I know it takes time to get really close. I also feel like I don't relate to many people here anyway. Not that I've met everyone at school or anything. I usually become good friends with people that are older than me, so it's a big change not having that.
Steve is also away during the week. I know Christmas Break is coming up, and that'll help. I guess I miss my family too. I don't know. I feel distanced from everyone. Disconnected.
I shouldn't complain, really. I have an amazing life. I live in the country that I love, I am going to school for something I love, and I have an amazing fiance and an amazing family in my life. I just get down sometimes because I miss everyone!
Anyway, I got a job at a new Cafe a few weeks ago, and ended up hating it. I was on my feet for 5-8 hours a day, 3 days a week, and it was taking its toll on my schoolwork and my body. I couldn't walk for 2 days after working. And I was too exhausted to work. It wasn't worth it, I had to quit. The boss was the most annoying and frustrating man too. So now I'm thankful to have my days off again, especially my weekends since it's the only time I see Steve, and they were having me work Saturday and Sunday all day. Thank goodness for the money from the VA coming through!!
Next week is the end of term! I can't believe it! I have one more paper to write and an exam to study for, which I've already started anyway. I love to write research papers if it's something I'm interested in. I also just dedicate one day to writing it, because I can't do it over a course of a few days. I don't take breaks either, I just get them done in a few hours. If I take a proper break, then I will get writer's block easily. I got a B on my assignment for Education!! Woo! I think their B's equal A's for America though, because a D is still an average score. Who knows, really!
I got my ear pierced yesterday! My tragus one didn't work out, so I got 2 piercings, and I want to get a few more going along the outside of my ear. It's pretty!!
We want to go to Germany before Christmas for the Christmas Markets!! We've been talking about it for awhile, and now it's totally doable! I've never been, and I loooved the Lincoln Christmas Market the two times I went. I need a trip, badly. I love living in Europe because of the easy travel! Honestly, an airline ticket and a hotel for a few nights is equivalent to the price of flying from New Jersey to California!!!
I was just talking to my friend, Charlotte, about wedding plans! She got me all excited and recommended so much!! I'll be turning to her a lot, I think, for the planning, since I have no idea what I'm doing. We won't start planning til January though. It's scary and exciting!! I love this dress, but only if it comes in ivory! And shows no cleavage.
Christmas is going to be spent in Cornwall this year with Steve's family. They always treat me like family, it's really nice. And I looove Cornwall. I haven't been to my own home for Christmas since 2007 I think. It made me sad thinking about it the other day.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a lovely December so far!! These months are going by so fast. Enjoy them! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I hear ya. I lived in Chicago last year and hardly made any friends because I kept jumping from job to job and never had any money to go out and was never with anyone long enough to get close. It's rough. But having Daniel around after 2 years apart definitely helped fill the void for me.
ReplyDelete