~Michelle elle elle~

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Living the English Dream...

I haven't written in a few weeks because it's been such a whirlwind!! I got my Visa on a Friday and left the next Sunday!

I am SO happy to be here! THIS is my dream! I worked towards this for a long time and finally it has fallen into place!! Everything about England makes me happy-the buildings, the roads, the people, the fashion, the food, everything! I feel so at home here and everyday, my heart is fulfilled!!!

And bonus!! Steve is here, of course!! He took leave for 2 weeks and we've been spending a lot of time together! He's at work now in Lincoln so I'm a little sad, but he'll be back tomorrow!

Going to school is absolutely amazing. Being a student is seriously the best feeling. Going to school without wearing a uniform is perfect!! My nails are painted purple and I don't have to worry about taking the polish off before Monday! I love it! I am an oldie though-everyone at school is 18! But I've met so many wonderful people, and I can't wait to get to know them over the next few years!

Steve and I found a lovely apartment 1 mile away from school! It's a brand new apartment building with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a spiral staircase that leads up to the mezzanine bedroom! And it's about 400 dollars less than what I get for housing allowance! I'll be able to walk to school easily, which saves me getting a car straight away.

I also want to learn Italian! A local college teaches it and I'd like to go! Especially before I meet my Italian family!!

I celebrated my birthday in London!! How perfect is that? Steve and I took the train there on Friday and stayed at this really nice hotel for the night. We ate at this vegan Japanese restaurant that was not worth the money (sorry Steve!), then we went and watched The Phantom of the Opera in the West End, sort of like our Broadway! Oh my gosh. It was AMAZING. I would see it again!! Even Steve liked it! We then walked around London and looked at the pretty buildings, then went to Big Ben and took some beautiful pictures. I can't post them on here because the internet is too slow! But that was really my favorite birthday. There is no better way to spend my quarter-of-a-century birthday! The last few b-days I had were really lame. I was taken to lunch for 2 of them but I didn't know anyone because I had just moved to wherever it was. So this one was very special to me.

This weekend we are going to Sian's birthday party, then heading off to Cornwall for the rest of the weekend!! I love Cornwall. I want to live there one day!

I love love looove being here. I am so thankful that I am living my dream!!

One last thing...please pray for my Uncle Chris who was submitted to the hospital for heart surgery. He's doing better now and is in the ICU for recovery. Also, my cousin Franky, who just had pneumonia and thankfully got out of the hospital. Thank you!!

I hope everyone is doing amazingly well!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Michelle I love this. It's too sweet! I'm so happy you're finally at home!

    ReplyDelete