Oh Quick Takes Friday, how I've forgotten about you! I remember once in a blue moon, and tonight's the night! So here goes...
1. I am currently enjoying the sweet sound of an electric guitar that my fiance is now playing. I've had my Angus Young Gibson SG electric guitar for about 5 years but haven't actually played around with it much. I prefer acoustic. Steve has wanted to play the electric since he was a kid, so now he has the chance! He had his first lesson today and it went great!! Now he's getting used to his new amp and the neighbors are most likely cursing us...
2. My cooking and baking blog has been going alright! I am currently googling tips to make it better and to have more people follow it. So far, I've read that I need to have really good pictures and I need to post more often. So I am cooking and baking more, taking lots of pictures, and I'm going to start posting about twice a week, if I can afford to! My pictures have improved, thanks to Picasa! And, if you notice, I am putting less pictures on my blog. I'm thinking that they tend to crowd the blog too much. What do you think?
3. My first year of University is now finished!! I'm so happy. It went by unbelievably fast, and I know I need to work harder and become more serious for this next year. I am really looking forward to it because it won't just be the basics anymore!
4. Now that school is over, I need to start looking for a job. I attempted yesterday, but God ended up giving me about 3 signs that I shouldn't go looking that day. Haha!! So I will attempt next week!
5. My favorite band, Incubus, is coming to London very randomly on Tuesday! They decided to have a concert there because they have 2 concerts in Germany and have a break in between, so why not perform is awesome London?! I can't wait! Steve is meeting me down there! And...I'm totally having Chipotle while I'm there! Yes, there is a Chipotle in London!
6. I believe I am really improving in my Manual/Stick Shift driving lessons! Today I successfully reversed into a bay parking spot twice! Woo!! Next week...roundabouts. I'm not so scared of them, but driving in a stick shift, I kind of am. Especially cause I stall sometimes. Oops!
7. Finally, it is nice to see Steve's smiling face because he's so happy about his new hobby. It reminds me of how I was when I first started learning guitar in Monterey, and poor Lenae had to endure my never-ending attempts at songs. Thanks, Lenae!! ;)


Hahaha! Ah, it wasn't that bad! Plus, I was pretty used to it after enduring it with my brother years before when he taught himself to play ;)
ReplyDeleteI need to pop over to your cooking blog and take a peek! If I had any suggestions for you, I'd say to use Twitter (if you aren't already) to publicize your posts and build a following. Twitter is a great way for people to get to know you in bite-size pieces and draw interest to your blog.
Congrats on one year down of university! You're awesome, lady!